Massaged Kale Salad
This is now one of my go-to easy as salads. I love the options that come with eating plant based meals. This one goes out to my work mate Georgia. She is a kind hearted, love this planet, vegan eating sweetheart! She was very proud of me for exploring some vegan options! Happy creating.
-2 Tbsp extra virgin olive oil -1 tsp non-iodised natural salt
-2 Tbsp lemon juice -1/4 tsp black pepper
Mix ingredients in a small bowl and set aside.
-1 bunch Lacinato kale, stems removed, spun well
-1 avocado, chopped
-1/2 capsicum , diced
-1/4 cup golden raisins, soaked 10 mins, rinsed and drained
-1/4 cup hemp seeds, reserve 1/2 tsp for garnish
-1/4 cup scallions, sliced
- 1 tsp minced garlic
- 1/2 tub cherry tomatoes, cut in half
-2 Tbsp kalamata olives, sliced
1) Stack 3-5 leaves of kale and roll tightly. Chiffonade the kale into thin strips. Repeat with remaining kale leaves.
2) Prepare other vegetables.
1)Toss prepared kale withe the marinade, massaging the mixture well with your hands, working the the dressing into the greens so they soften.
2) Add the avocado and lightly massage. Add remaining ingredients tossing gently
3) Garnish with remaining hemp seeds.